Welcome To EREF Week!
EREF has been waging a campaign to protect the turfgrass and green industry from unfair and punitive legislation and regulation for many years. For the last few months leading up to this EREF Week, we have been enhancing EREF’s outreach program to fertilizer manufacturers, distributors, and others. For starters, we are continuing our voluntary Recurring Support Program in which end users can elect to sign up with participating distributors to add a small voluntary contribution to their purchase of fertilizer products. The change is that we are now reaching out for direct financial support as well. Our typical annual budget of about $50,000 is simply not sufficient to do the work needed to adequately advocate for green industry water and nutrient policy and other regulatory issues. The financial response from distributors and producers to date has been very encouraging!
As another critical part of our outreach effort, we have a specific goal for individual stakeholders – LIKE YOU. Our belief is that we needed a simple way for you to help us with this fundraising effort, which we now have.
With this in mind, we are asking you to go to www.EREFlorida.com/support right now and make a donation to EREF using your credit card. EASY!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your support. The talking points below convey the heart of what we are doing on your behalf.
EREF 2018 Support Effort Talking Points
- EREF is advocating on behalf of ALL the green industry stakeholders: turf production/installation, lawn-care, golf, sports turf, landscape and associated industries.
- Much has been accomplished with its small historical annual budget in terms of both ordinance activity and building EREF’s knowledge base and reputation.
- EREF faces ENORMOUS and WELL-FUNDED resistance from local, regional AND national activist organizations, hostile taxpayer-funded local government staffs, and armies of energized volunteers.
- EREF’s existing budget is not enough to combat the millions of dollars in budgets and the vast resources arrayed firmly against our industry. EREF needs additional funding for research, web and social media, collateral material and staff support. The proposed annual budget is still a very modest $116,250.
- Ordinance exemptions for turf production, golf and sports are FALSE COMFORT. The activists and others referred to above are determined to push ALL managed landscapes off the face of Florida.
- Whether it is fertilizer ordinances, water restrictions or turf-variety and/or turf-footprint limitations, these efforts are a direct and relentless assault on your products, your management and stewardship, your market share and your future.
- EREF stands firmly with YOU, its industry partners, to achieve fair and evidence-based policy outcomes for all green industry stakeholders.
Thank you again for all you do for Florida and for your industry!
Mac Carraway, Consulting Executive Director
ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH & EDUCATION FOUNDATION
3500 South Florida Avenue, Suite 7
Lakeland, Florida 33803